Work with us
Interested in helping us change the way we cure diseases? We're building our team and always looking for smart, passionate individuals. Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, cover letter and your desired interest in the subject line.
Research Associate READ MORE
The Research Associate will be working in the laboratory of a gene therapy company working primary in therapeutic areas related to oncology. The lab director is an experienced molecular biologist and practicing hematologist. His clinical and research efforts focus on the biology and treatment of both solid and hematological malignancies.
The Research Associate will be responsible for providing technical assistance on ongoing translational research projects which involve generation of cell lines, PK/PD studies, and/or patient-derived xenografts from fresh human tissues and conducting high-throughput ex vivo gene editing assays.
Associate will have the opportunity to work on exciting collaborative research projects focused on understanding the biology which may underlie a novel mechanism for the cause and
transmission of cancers.
- Work in a dynamic, highly collaborative, supportive, and lively scientific environment pursuing research with direct translational relevance in cancer malignancies.
- Have responsibility for initiating, pursuing and validating novel experimental approaches.
- Gain intensive experience in state-of-the-art research methods.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Is a dedicated scientist with experience in analysis and methodologies of molecular biology such as tissue culture, westerns, RNA / DNA isolation, mouse models.
- Is fluent in molecular biology techniques such as DNA sequencing.
- Is willing to learn new techniques including those involving mouse models.
- Is a strong communicator who will be very engaged and hands-on with fellow lab-mates, the PI, and outside collaborators.
- Will develop and standardized assays.
- Animal work experience such as Orthotopic/Heterotopic Xenograft models using NOD/SCID mice.
- Bioinformatic experience is a plus.
- Acquire and develop expertise in technologies relevant to manipulation and study of cultured cells, human tissue samples, and mouse models, including microscopy, flow cytometry, patient-derived xenografts
- Assist senior scientists and students with data analysis and generation of experimental data
- Plans and performs experiments directed towards answering specific scientific questions with limited supervision under the general guidance of Investigator
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in relevant field
- Hands-on research experience is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.