We are seeking a Research Associate to providing technical assistance on ongoing translational research projects which focus on molecular cloning, in vitro imaging and animal work aim at evaluating gene expression, PK/PD studies and response to treatment. Animal (mouse) workexperiments using xenograph models (celllines or patient-derived xenografts) willbe used to conduct in vivo gene editing. TheResearch Associate will have the opportunity to work on exciting collaborativeresearch projects focused on understanding the biology which may underlie anovel mechanism for the cause genetic heterogeneity in cancers. The RA will beunder the supervision of the labdirector, who is an experienced molecular biologist and practicinghematology/oncologist physician.
- Work in a dynamic, highly collaborative, supportive, and lively scientific environment pursuing research with direct translational relevance in cancer malignancies.
- Have responsibility for initiating, pursuing and validating novel experimental approaches.
- Gain intensive experience in state-of-the-art research methods.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has background in virology or genetics
- Is a dedicated scientist with experience in analysis and methodologies of DNA work particularly cloning and site-directed mutagenesis as well as other molecular techniques such as tissue culture, PCR, westerns, RNA / DNA isolation,
- Experience working with mouse models.
- Is fluent in molecular biology techniques such as DNA library preps for sequencing.
- Is willing to learn new techniques including those involving in vivo imaging.
- Animal work experience such as Orthotopic/Heterotopic Xenograft models using NOD/SCID mice.
- Is a strong communicator who will be very engaged and hands-on with fellow lab-mates, the PI, and outside collaborators
- Will develop and standardized assays.
- Some Bioinformatic experience is a plus.
- Work on plasmid DNA preparation and cloning.
- Expertise in working with mouse models
- Acquire and develop expertise in technologies relevant to the manipulation and study of genetic transfer in cultured cells, human tissue samples, and mouse models, including microscopy, flow cytometry, patient-derived xenografts and PCR
- Assist senior scientists and students with data analysis and generation of experimental data
- Plans and performs experiments directed towards answering specific scientific questions with limited supervision under the general guidance of Investigator
Credentials and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Hands-on research experience is required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.